PKN article: Packaging design for FMCG vs hardware: What’s the difference?
PKN Article – PKN Hardware [Infographic]:Packaging design for FMCG vs hardware: What’s the difference?
On the 3rd of October 2017 PKN online packaging magazine published this article describing the differences between designing packaging for FMCG versus designing packs for the hardware market. Jam&Co has produced a PKN Hardware infographic to help brand managers discern the primary differences they need to understand when it comes to designing packaging for the home improvement market versus the FMCG market space.
Home improvement packaging design [Infographic] – Here’s what you’ll discover:
- The size of the overall market
- Aussies on renovation
- Differences between designing between FMCG and hardware
- The consumer decision making process when choosing supermarket products versus home improvement products
- How to express features & benefits on packs
- The language to be used when describing features and benefits on packs
- How to design for mandatories on packs
- The shelf environment in the home improvement market versus the FMCG supermarket environment
- Designing packaging for your target market
- The impact of Augmented reality (AR) in the two different markets – which will have greater impact?